The Be2Awards /ConstrucTALKs day in numbers....
- The real life event attracted over 70 people
- It lasted 240 minutes, started only 10 minutes late (a record for Be2camp!) and actually finished on time
- There were six ConstrucTALKs speakers (a seventh sadly had to withdraw at 8pm the night before)
- There were almost 900 visits to the Be2Awards website on the day the Awards were presented.
- Online, the Ustream.tv live video stream was viewed by 178 unique visitors, who made 302 visits, totalling 146 hours.
- On Twitter, the hashtag #be2awards was cited 731 times; over the last seven days, 974 Tweets, by 210 contributors, used the hashtag (and there were many, many more tweets about the event that didn't use the #hashtag, of course)
- Four people were "volunteered" to open the award envelopes, including representatives of lead sponsors HP and British Gas.
- 16 awards were announced; 12 were immediately presented to winners (or hastily nominated stand-ins); one was presented during the evening after the winner used Twitter to find the after-party.
- We had delegates from at least four different countries, including Holland, Belgium and Ireland, while there were website visitors from 35 different countries/territories, including Australia (where one of the winners - NearMap - is based).
- The 16 awards weighed 5.2kg (or 325g each).
- There was one cake.
- There are now over 25,000 search results for "Be2awards" on Google.
15:17, 11 Feb 2011 by Paul Wilkinson