The Be2Talks and the Be2Awards - the world's only awards focused on social media in the built environment
Please note: there will be no Be2Awards in 2014.
Since 2008, Be2camp social media advocates have been helping the architecture, engineering, construction (AEC) and related industries think about and deploy Web 2.0 tools and techniques. Once again, it was time for ...
- We 'crowdsourced' the award nominations and encouraged online voting
- Deadline for 2013 nominations was: midnight BST, Friday 6 September 2013.
- Online voting ... 11-23 September 2013
- Awards announced - 25 September ....
Best AEC community, network or application - winner: LinkedIn group “Project Planning under the NEC”
The Be2Awards are about sharing information and helping construction people connect online, so we:
- host some of construction and technology's most thoughtful speakers at a TEDx-style event - Be2TALKs - throughout the Be2Awards presentations - and
- don't insist on black-ties and cocktail dresses!
Speakers for 2013 were:
- David Burden - "The third BIM"
- Anne Parker - "Mindfulness"
- Andy Hudson-Smith - "Smart Cities, BIM, GIS and IoT"
- Gordon O'Neill - "Don't Tell Stories?"
- Robert Klaschka - "Is proprietary BIM unsustainable?"
- Claire Thirlwall - "From social media cynic to addict"
- Duncan Reed - "Sharing BIM data through social media"
Don't miss out!
Subscribe to the Be2camp news blog, and make sure you're following @Be2Awards or @Be2camp on Twitter. Details of nominations, sponsors, speakers, shortlists and awards announcements will continue up to, throughout September 2013 and beyond....